Thursday, December 6, 2012

EASY BBQ Pork




I got this recipe from C&C Marriage Factory.  I've tried a few of her recipes and all have been top-rated good!  I took her recommendation and served with fresh, homemade coleslaw. It was an instant hit at my house.  I did use Ray's BBQ sauce, but I've included a link to her recipe below.  I'm going to try that next time.  I also love her suggestions for leftovers (if there are any), to make BBQ pork pizza. What an amazing topping this will make!

Ingredients:  
*I added 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder 
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
  • 2 cups barbecue sauce

Directions:
  1. Rub with salt, pepper and garlic poweder. 
  2. Place in a crock pot. 
  3. Add water and liquid smoke. 
  4. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours until pork is tender. 
  5. Remove pork from crock pot and discard liquid. 
  6. Place the meat back into the crock pot and shred with two forks. 
  7. Add barbecue sauce and mix to combine. 
  8. Cook for 20-30 minutes until warmed through or leave crock pot on warm until ready to serve.
Serve on buns with coleslaw and extra barbecue sauce.

Adapted from C&C Marriage Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment