I got this recipe from C&C Marriage Factory. I've tried a few of her recipes and all have been top-rated good! I took her recommendation and served with fresh, homemade coleslaw. It was an instant hit at my house. I did use Ray's BBQ sauce, but I've included a link to her recipe below. I'm going to try that next time. I also love her suggestions for leftovers (if there are any), to make BBQ pork pizza. What an amazing topping this will make!
|*I added 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder|
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Rub with salt, pepper and garlic poweder.
- Place in a crock pot.
- Add water and liquid smoke.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from crock pot and discard liquid.
- Place the meat back into the crock pot and shred with two forks.
- Add barbecue sauce and mix to combine.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until warmed through or leave crock pot on warm until ready to serve.
Serve on buns with coleslaw and extra barbecue sauce.
Adapted from C&C Marriage Factory.